Summer is just around the corner, and now is the time for bikinis and cute little dresses. While people are locked down in a pandemic, delicious dishes can be tempting, but nothing beats a healthy glow-up.
Getting in shape with that ribbed body seems an arduous task, but with a good diet combined with an average workout regime? Hell yes! However, the internet is vast and deep. With information ranging from how to shed pounds effortlessly to what to eat, one can find multiple dimensions of answers varying on different blogs, on divergent YouTube channels, and even on Reddit!
The matter is, the lack of awareness and availability of the right content confuses people. The big questions people face nowadays are: What is better – raw food or meal plan for diet? Whether Seafood is good for diet or not? Eat less to get thinner? In this post, we will debunk some of the major myths associated with good healthy diet food.
Top 3 Myths About a Good Nutritional Diet backed by Science
The amount of confusion and stigma around some exceptionally good food is real in the gen-z community. While someone would be advising not to take carbs, others would be saying exactly the contrary. So here are the top 3 myths v/s reality about a good diet.
- Myth1- Do not intake carbs while on a diet – Since class 8th, everyone is taught how crucial carbohydrates are. They act as fuel for our body and provides energy. While diving into a strenuous workout regime, carbs are vital. Unprocessed and natural carbs are a must-have on your plate! But one indeed has to avoid unhealthy carbs like refined and processed grains and sugars.
- Myth2- Fruits are unhealthy as they contain a higher content of sugar – Fruit salads are super healthy and must incorporate ingredients in your delicious pancakes and oats because sugar contained in fruits comes as a package with fibre, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins.
- Myth3- Artificial sweeteners are best to rely on? – While some people consider that artificial sweeteners are a go-to diet ingredient as they tend to provide sweetness without increasing calorie levels, the research might point towards something opposite. First, artificial sweeteners tend to make you more vulnerable. Later, one craves more sugar which is not healthy for a good weight loss diet. To get in shape, focus on fruits and avoid sweetened drinks like coffee and tea!
Now, let’s get the big question out of our way: What are some must include diet ingredients? Rather than eating less, all you need to do is eat the following foods in good proportions-
- Boiled Potatoes
- Chicken breasts and lean beef
- Cottage cheese
- Nuts and seeds
- Wholegrains and fruits
- Leafy vegetables: Spinach, Kale
Incorporate different combinations and make a colorful treat for your stomach. Stuffed with High nutritional values and immense health benefits, a good diet combined with a good workout will never disappoint you! Incorporate research-backed foods that not only shed some extra fat but also help you feel your gorgeous self back again!